Wednesday 25 April 2012

Review: MAC Lips & Tips/Fashion Sets Collection - Photos & Swatches


Today I wanted to share with you all a couple of new MAC products that I recently purchased.  I was doing my usual visits to my favourite beauty blogs and forums a few weeks ago and I read about one of MAC's many new collections for Summer 2012: Fashion Sets/Lips and Tips.  It consists of lipstick, lipglasses, and nail polish.  What's so special about this collection is that they have taken 16 lipstick shades (13 permanent and 3 limited edition) and created lipglasses and nail polishes to match.  All lipglasses and nailpolishes, plus 3 lipstick shades are limited edition.  Each 'set' contains a lipstick, lipglass, and nailpolish in the same shade, however each product can be purchased separately.  Temptalia has a listing of all the shades available in this collection.  You can find it here.  If you'd like to take a look at other upcoming MAC Collections, you can find them here at specktra.net. 
Since I am a PRO Member, I was able to purchase mine online yesterday.  Not all shades will be available at the counters, so if you have your eye on a particular shade, I suggest ordering online at www.maccosmetics.com
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a peachy/pink/coral lipgloss fanatic, so of course I had to pick up every peachy/pink/coral lipglass shade they had, plus a peach lipstick.  Peachstock is described as a light peachy nude. Myth is a light neutral nude that is great for layering.  Angel is a light, warm pink that is perfect for those who have a hard time pulling off cooler pinks.  Razzledazzler is a limited edition shade and it's a light cream peach.  Ravishing is a mid-tone neutral peach and it's probably one of my favourite MAC lipsticks in the permanent collection.  I love mixing Ravishing with paler colours like Myth and Peachstock to get that perfect, subtle peachy-nude without looking like a corpse.  Impassioned is a very bold choice for me, but I couldn't pass it up.  It's described as a bright warm pink.  Finally, Razzledazzler lipstick is a lustre formula so it's going to be on the sheer side.  Again, it's described as a light cream peach. 

Okay enough rambling from me, read on to take a look at the shades.  I am a MAC NC30 for reference. 


Photo taken with flash.

Photo taken in natural light.

Photo taken with flash.  I already had Angel and Ravishing in my collection so I wanted to include them for reference. 


This collection will be available for purchase on May 3, 2012.  If you're interested in picking up some of these shades I wouldn't wait too long! 

UPDATE: This collection is now available for purchase online at www.maccosmetics.com.  Use the code SETS for FREE express shipping!

x
Annemarie



1 comment:

  1. Great swatches! Razzledazzler, Ravishing, and Impassioned are all gorgeous! And great tip about mixing Ravishing lipstick with lighter shades for preventing that "corpse" look when trying to do a nude lip. Being fair, many nudes wash me out so I'm always looking for a way to make them work :)

    ReplyDelete