Sunday 22 April 2012

Bridal Beauty: Sarah's Makeup Trial

Today I had a makeup trial with one of my 2012 brides, Sarah.  Sarah and I took piano lessons together when we were kids for a number of years.  She was the pianist at my wedding and did such a beautiful job!  I was so happy to hear from her last year when she was looking for a makeup artist for her upcoming wedding. 

Sarah said she wanted a very natural look so I used a very soft palette of shades for her eyes, lips, and cheeks.




Face:
I prepped her skin and blended MAC Matchmaster foundation in shades 1.5 and 3 all over her face.  I used MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW20 underneath her eyes and on her eye lids.  I set the foundation with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in Medium.  I contoured her cheeks with a bit of MAC Golden Bronzing Powder and I applied a combination of MAC Stunner & Fleur Power blush on the apples of her cheeks.  As a final touch, I applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Porcelain Pink on the tops of her cheek bones and down the bridge of her nose. 

Eyes:
I started by applying MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study very lightly all over the lid, from her lash line to brow bone.  I applied MAC Vapour eye shadow on her lid and highlighted her brow bone with MAC Mylar eye shadow.  I mixed a bit of MAC Soft Brown, Charcoal Brown, and Patina eye shadows and swept them into the crease using a window-wiper motion so that it was very soft and sheer.  I defined the outer corner with a bit of MAC Handwritten eye shadow and blended into the crease.  I used MAC Chromaline in Black Black and traced a thin-to-medium line across her upper lash line.  I applied a bit of MAC Feline Eye Kohl pencil along her bottom lashes and set the look with a bit of MAC Antiqued shadow to soften it up a bit. To finish off the eye shadow, I applied Make Up For Ever Star Powder in #947 on her lids and inner corner.  I used a bit of MAC Charcoal Brown eye shadow to fill in her brows, curled her lashes, and applied two coats of mascara.  (Yes, those are her natural lashes!)

Lips:
I applied MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Etcetera and filled in her lips with MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Blossom Culture.  I finished the look off with a dab of MAC Prrr Lipglass. 

This look is a very classic bridal look that would work on just about anyone.  I look forward to seeing Sarah at her wedding later on this year!

x
Annemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment